Today's facilities are more complex and are often controlled utilizing a large array of data analytics. IEA's commissioning agents have the in depth knowledge of building control systems needed to verify new construction projects are installed and operate as intended. We are staffed by over 50 professionals who work only on solving indoor environment issues and ensuring the health and safety of building occupants. Since IEA is not an MEP design firm we are able to provide completely independent commissioning for the owner without conflicts of interest.
IEA is a member of the AABC Commissioning Group (ACG). We are a member of the US Green Building Council (USGBC).
Commissioning agent qualifications include:
- ACG Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA) which is ANSI accredited and meets US Department of Energy Guidelines
- ASHRAE Commissioning Process Management Professional (CPMP)
- University of Wisconsin Qualified Commissioning Process Provider (QCxP)
- USGBC Accredited for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Building Operation and Maintenance (LEED AP O+M)
- American Society of Heating and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer (PE)
- IEA commissioning clients have included:
- Public Schools
- Colleges and Universities
- County and City Facilities
- Medical Centers
- Public Utilities
- Commercial Properties