Legionella Bacteria Testing
Preventing Legionella bacteria from impacting your facility
WATER MANAGEMENT PLANNING AND SAMPLING FOR LEGIONELLA BACTERIA
Legionella bacteria naturally occur in freshwater environments such as lakes and streams. It can also reproduce in large numbers in plumbing systems, hot water tanks, whirlpool spas, cooling towers, large air conditioning systems, and even decorative fountains. Legionella bacteria becomes a threat to public health when it reproduces in these types of man-made water systems and becomes airborne potentially resulting in Legionnaires’ Disease or Pontiac Fever.
IEA can help create a successful water management plan and implement a sampling strategy that helps you manage conditions that may result in a Legionella bacteria concern.
Water management plans and sampling strategies
OUR LEGIONELLA BACTERIA TESTING SERVICES
IEA offers Legionella bacteria testing, water system sampling, and reporting for facilities such as schools, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, outpatient facilities, veterans’ homes, and other residential and medical facilities. Our consultants work in partnership with a facility’s plumbing, maintenance, or health and safety team for all our water planning and management services.
- Identify optimal water testing locations to ensure we are testing areas where Legionella bacteria is typically found
- Sampling protocol that meets industry standards and best practices
- Program management document development to coordinate planning, execution, and control of Legionella bacteria testing and sampling
- Technical reporting on results to enable facilities to proceed with an actionable water management plan for remediation and corrective actions
Water Sampling Process
To maintain compliance, our team of technical environmental professionals will assist facilities with water sampling for testing purposes. We do so in accordance with guidelines and protocols set forth by the CDC, ASHRAE, Health Department, JHACO, and CMS.
- Samples collected by our professionals are analyzed using an accredited Environmental Legionella Isolation Techniques Evaluation (ELITE) Program Laboratory
- IEA will monitor set parameters for water quality to identify ideal conditions in which bacteria may exist or grow including temperature, free chlorine, and pH levels.
- IEA will provide dedicated oversight of system sampling through strict management of sampling locations and mapping documentation
Regulatory Compliance Reporting
Once sampling and testing are complete, IEA follows up with accurate reporting based on the individual client’s needs and requirements. From start to finish, IEA provides facilities with the tools needed to ensure regulatory compliance and facility integrity with thorough water management services.