OSHA and Minnesota OSHA have established standards for machine guarding. The state of Minnesota has placed emphasis on establishing best practices for the installation of machine guarding, particularly for schools. Both employees and students are at risk from unguarded parts of machinery, including belts, blades, fly-wheel shafts, pulleys, ropes, chain drives, gears and other machines.
The Institute for Environmental Assessment, Inc. (IEA) is an environmental consulting firm located in Minnesota and serving the entire United States. Our clients include K-12 schools, colleges and universities and other public and private organizations. Our experienced staff offers budget-sensitive machine guarding and quarterly inspection services. Our firm has provided health and safety inspection and assessment services since 1984.
- Conduct a thorough machine guarding assessment
- Coordinate and manage machine guarding project
- Conduct final assessment of contractor installations
- Staff training on OSHA machine guarding regulations and best practices
- Development of written machine guarding plans