COVID-19 Facility Services From IEA, Inc.
IEA is providing services to assist your facility move safely into occupancy.
- Job Safety Assessment related to COVID19 masking, chemical use and job hazard
- Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfecting Program & Procedures Assessment
- Pandemic Cleaning and Disinfecting Training
- High-Touch Surface Audits
- Ventilation Assessments & IAQ Verification, and more
School Specific Services include: Return to School program development and management, committee consultation, coordination and clarification with guidelines and best practices.
Have Confidence in Your Buildings Cleaning Procedures
How successful is your cleaning and disinfecting process in lowering infection risk? Disinfectant use may not be reducing your surface & infection contamination. Frequently touched surfaces have accumulated amounts of bio-loading, which is organic matter left on surfaces from people and the environment. If you do not implement successful cleaning processes, it will reduce the efficiency of your disinfectant and won’t cut through the bio-loading remaining on the surface. Meaning you may not be removing viruses and contaminants to prevent spread.
- CLEANING: Remove germs, virus and impurities
- DISINFECTING: Kills germs & viruses
Safety of Building Occupants & Staff
- Overapplication and incorrect use of disinfecting products can increase chemical exposure concerns
- Employee training on chemical application is required for staff not part of annual trainings
- Increases risk of occupant exposure, increased asthma and respiratory irritation
Over-Reliance on Chemical Products
- Incorrectly cleaning and disinfecting surfaces limits sanitizing efforts and may not be reduce risk of infection
- Application of chemicals on surfaces can cause facility damage while not accurately sanitizing for an outbreak
- High amounts of chemical use can cause elevated product costs
Finding Successful Sanitizing Process
- Reviewing existing processes and chemical use compared to EPA/CDC
- Knowing that sanitizing efforts are working through testing verification
- Proper use of chemicals to minimize exposure risks AND lower infection risk
Know your Efforts are Minimizing the Risk
that you can Control
IEA can assist with verifying your cleaning products & procedures, safety program development, staff training and swab testing during cleaning to verify surfaces are appropriately sanitized.
Contact IEA for more information about COVID-19 Facility Considerations and how you can take steps to minimize risk in your building cleaning procedures. Call us toll–free at 800.233.9513. From offices in Minnesota, we serve the upper Midwest and beyond.
IEA Can Provide Assistance
- Review of Sanitizing Protocol & Product Use
- Viral Respiratory Outbreak Response Procedure
- Environmental Professional Involvement
- Site Monitoring, Inspection and Documentation of Process
Implementing a post sanitizing assessment can restore confidence in your facility’s condition and the staff cleaning process. COVID 19, Viral Respiratory Outbreaks & Influenza Outbreaks are creating a facility challenge and concerns for occupant safety. Many cleaning and disinfecting processes may not be sufficient in reducing or eliminating bio loading which can increase the risk of your facility spreading infections to the occupants.