Health & Safety Professional
Environmental, Health & Safety Professional
Job Category: Non-Exempt – Hourly
Travel Required: 100% – Mostly Local
Position Type: Full Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Supervisory Duties: No
IEA is an environmental, health and safety consulting firm based out of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota with satellite offices throughout the state. We serve a variety of clients, including: cities, counties, government agencies, school districts, hospitals, manufacturing, and more.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Professional position provides an associate with field/task based work. The ideal candidate likes to be active, on the move, and enjoys working remotely and independently.
Associates work in the field four to five days per week, reporting to different client sites each day to accomplish a variety of tasks based on client needs. Associates typically report to the office in the morning to gather equipment and paperwork needed for the day, prior to driving to the clients location. When on the client site, employees can expect to complete different assessments and inventories. Work may include: compressed gas assessments, chemical inventories, confined space assessments, trainings, AHERA building inspections, noise monitoring and such.
IEA associates work very independently – Therefore, they must have effective time management skills, be trustworthy, responsible, have good decision making skills and know when to ask for assistance.
The associate would also be expected to attend trainings to be certified to conduct air monitoring on asbestos removal project sites. The monitoring is to ensure that asbestos exposure is not occurring on the outside of the containment and to confirm removal workers are following the outlined specifications. Associates utilize air sampling techniques and microscope training to read the collected samples on site. This work is typically conducted in our school district clients over the summer months.
- Conduct quality field work such as: inventories, inspections, and assessments as assigned
- Conduct trainings with clients
- Accomplish work consistent with internal Standard Operating Procedures
- Comply with health and safety procedures as outlined in the Health and Safety Handbook
- Assist with projects in all divisions, as requested
- Complete necessary asbestos related trainings to complete site supervisor work and read air samples as necessary
- Comprehend IEA’s services – Be able to explain to clients how we can assist them in other ways
Overall Necessary Skills
- Ensures project documentation is current and complete
- Track project hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Use effective time-management skills
- Comprehends prioritization of projects/tasks
- Communicates utilizing emails, texting and phone calls with team members and supervisor
- Communicates clearly with clients, team members and supervisor
- Ability to comprehend written instructions/tasks
- Communicate project/task issues immediately with supervisor
- Excellent writing skills, including spelling and grammar
- Have a high attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and ability to navigate other software/technology
- Possess a smart phone with the ability to text, call and email in the field
- Valid driver’s license and reliable source of transportation
- Comfortable wearing a respirator with the ability to pass a respirator physical
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
*Should someone have an advanced skillset, IEA could be prepared to offer a Senior Technician or Account Manager position, rather than technician role
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required by associates assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Associates may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as requested by their manager.
IEA is an EEO affirmative action employer.
- Multiple locations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations