Health & Safety Professional
Environmental, Health & Safety Technician
Job Category: Non-Exempt – Hourly
Travel Required: 100% – Mostly Local
Position Type: Full Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Supervisory Duties: No
We are seeking an eager, energetic person with a strong work ethic to join our team as an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Technician. As an EHS Technician, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive environmental, health, and safety services to our clients, who range from private to public organizations. Your primary role will be to conduct hazard assessments, ensure compliance with relevant regulations, and develop effective strategies to mitigate risks in the workplace. This position requires daily travel to client sites and a keen attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform on-site inspections and assessments of client facilities to identify potential environmental, health, and safety hazards.
- Evaluate and analyze workplace conditions, processes, and equipment to determine compliance with applicable regulations and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with clients to develop and implement effective hazard control measures, safety policies, and procedures.
- Conduct audits and reviews of safety programs, policies, and procedures to identify areas for improvement and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare detailed reports documenting assessment findings, recommendations, and corrective actions taken.
- Stay up to date with relevant environmental, health, and safety regulations, industry trends, and best practices.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, offering professional advice and solutions to their EHS challenges.
- Collaborate with internal teams and other professionals to ensure effective project coordination and timely delivery of services.
- Maintain necessary certifications needed to complete the position. Certifications may include asbestos site supervisor, asbestos inspector, NIOSH 582, and Minnesota 2-Day Air.
- Work on client sites to supervise and monitor asbestos removal on behalf of clients.
- Time management
- Decision-making skills
- Client oriented
- Technical knowledge and understanding
- Results Driven
- Problem solving skills
- Internally motivated
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College preferred, however professional work experience would be sufficient
- Valid driver’s license and reliable source of transportation
- Comfortable wearing a respirator with the ability to pass a respirator physical
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
*A candidate with advanced skillsets could be offered a Senior Technician or Account Manager position alternatively.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including opportunities for professional development and growth within our dynamic consulting firm. If you are passionate about the environmental, health, and safety field and enjoy working with diverse clients in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
DISCLAIMER: the above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be extended to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IEA is an EEO affirmative action employer.