Director of Sales
This position will develop and execute IEA’s sales strategy to achieve targets, expand our client base and expand geographical territory. The Director of Sales must build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships that drive towards meeting strategic goals.
In addition to directing sales for the overall company, this position is responsible for direct selling of services to new and/or existing clients in multiple regional markets. Coordination and support from regional leaders are key to achieving success. Superior communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills are necessary.
This position is a direct report to the CEO of IEA with indirect reporting and working relationships with the Director of Operations and key managers.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and qualify sales leads
- Oversee the recruitment & hiring process to attract the best central sales candidates
- Mentor and inspire associates to succeed in sales and improve closing ratios
- Evaluate company sales performance and recommend strategies to improve results
- Schedule sales appointments and activities
- Promote products and services to new and existing clients
- Close sales by developing strategies around excellent client service and salesmanship
- Maintain positive business relationships to prolong client lifetime value and generate referrals
- Direct sales plans and forecasts to achieve division and corporate objectives for products and services to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Adjust marketing and sales strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Represent IEA at trade association and networking functions to promote services
- As required, assist Division and Regional Managers with maintaining relationships, negotiating, and closing deals
- Lead the preparation of sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Service Focus
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or related experience
- Five (5) years of related sales management experience
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel is expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Frequent sitting at a workstation. Position also requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching, handling and repetitive fine motor activities as a part of the job tasks.
- Hearing and speech communication with office staff and clients in person and over telephone/computer/conference calls.
- Sedentary/light activities. May be required to lift or move items (typically 10-15lbs) occasionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required by associates assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Associates may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as requested by their manager.
Base salary plus commission
IRS reimbursable mileage rate
1 direct report
Business established in 1984
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance