With the onset of COVID-19 and the focused concern with improving the indoor air quality (IAQ) for building occupants, emerging technologies are being introduced into facilities.
Originally utilized to maintain HVAC coil cleanliness and to minimize particulate/odors associated with vehicle exhaust in targeted areas, Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (BPI) has gained momentum. The technology is being utilized in occupied space capacities with the expectation of improving IAQ.
Verifying that these systems are improving the IAQ conditions for building occupants and minimizing risk of allergens, viruses, molds and odors can be a challenge.
IEA can provide the following services to assist your facility with documenting and maintaining information on the IAQ in your BPI service zones:
- Pre/Post Installation Baseline Assessments
- Ambient Air Ionization Monitoring in Service Zones
- Engineering Assessment for recommendations of Installation location for IAQ Purposes
- Ventilation Assessment for Ionization Distribution
- IAQ Investigations Including Ionization Parameters
IEA is an environmental consulting firm founded in 1984. From offices in Minnesota, we serve clients that include schools, hospitals, commercial buildings and government agencies throughout the United States.
What Are the Benefits of IEA Assistance?
Documenting the operation of ventilation systems and IAQ enhancement equipment by a qualified, 3rd Party resource can provide:
- Documented confidence in system operation and function
- Reporting for building occupants, administration, and stakeholders
- IAQ data for occupant concerns and health verification
- Onsite monitoring with accurate IAQ equipment
IEA’s IAQ Team Qualifications
- Licensed Professional Engineers
- Commissioning Professionals
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Certified Safety Professional
- Experienced Indoor Environmental Professionals