Infectious Waste Safety Programs
Infectious waste requires special treatment and handling because it is capable of transmitting disease. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires that employers develop plans and procedures for handling infectious waste.
At the Institute for Environmental Assessment, Inc. (IEA), our health and safety consultants assist hospitals and other medical facilities, government agencies, school districts and other organizations establish plans and procedures for dealing with infectious waste. IEA is an environmental consulting firm located in the upper Midwest. From our offices in Minnesota, we serve clients throughout the United States.
IEA’s infectious waste consulting services
Our health and safety experts assist clients by:
- Conducting audits of infectious waste streams
- Designing programs to reduce waste
- Training staff in implementation of waste reduction procedures in compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Developing best practices
- Preparing documentation required by law regarding disposal of infectious waste
- Providing registration and/or licensing assistance
Of course, not every client requires all services. Our consultants customize our infectious waste safety programs, tailoring them to the needs of each organization.
To learn more about developing an infectious waste safety program with the help of IEA, call toll–free at 800.233.9513.