IEA will gather COVID-19 building information from the district’s planning committee and the building/facility representative, to conduct walkthroughs in district buildings and to compile recommendations based on MDH requirements and guidelines for social distancing, traffic flow signage, and floor markings. This service includes:
- A summary of MDH requirements and guidelines, and other state guidance as needed, for locations to post social distancing and traffic flow signage
- An on-site review of each building’s layout to determine and recommend required traffic flow, distancing markers, and signage posting locations
- A map of recommended signage and floor marking locations for each building drawing provided by the District, with a key indicating each of the following signage types:
- path of travel
- signage locations
- social distancing markers
IA will conduct a virtual meeting with each facility representatives and a Health & Safety representative to review and finalize recommendations.
The following traffic flow locations/scenarios will be assessed in each facility, as applicable, and recommended traffic flow and signage options will be provided for the following:
- Entrances and exits to the facility (ADA accessibility will be considered)
- Loading and receiving dock areas
- Main corridors, common areas, locker bays, and stairwells
- Bathrooms and washing stations
- Lobbies and reception areas
- Locker rooms
IEA will include a list of signage vendors that provide products for the flooring types within the district. The list will be reviewed through school-client research, customer reviews, and the school flooring vendor or architect when possible.
IEA will provide electronic maps and a final report summarizing district-specific recommendations. A hard copy will be provided upon request.
Posting Building Signage and Floor Markers
If selected by the District, IEA will return to the sites to post the district-purchased signage and floor markers. IEA will confirm district approval and authorization of postings and floor markings (at the indicated locations on building maps provided during the initial building assessment) prior to placing signage. IEA can provide laminated poster signage for an additional fee.
District Staff Training
IEA will conduct one (1) training session with district staff to review recommendations and requirements for social distancing and traffic flow signage. The training will also review the mapping key and provide an opportunity to ask questions. The training will be delivered using a building guidance document format.