Let IEA’s Professional Engineering Consulting team assist in restoring your confidence in response to Return to Work and School During COVID-19 Community Outbreak.
The ventilation system is not identified as a primary transmission mode for COVID-19, but a properly functioning system is key to reducing potential exposure to occupant level use of your facility through:
- Introduction of outdoor air
- Proper air circulation and exchange
- Sufficient filtration system
IEA’s experienced staff provides you with a qualified assessment approach to compare system operation to COVID-19 and outbreak planning needs identified by ASHRAE, CDC, WHO, and AIHA.
Community outbreak will remain a concern for the foreseeable future. Verify that your ventilation system is functioning properly and providing sufficient indoor air quality conditions for your building as occupants return to work or school.
IEA’s continuing services can support your COVID-19 risk mitigation:
- Monitoring indoor air quality parameters once buildings re-occupied to ensure ventilation function is maintained during changing seasons and conditions.
- Measure space airflow and inspect filtration system
- Verification that ventilation controls and scheduling are providing sufficient air exchange before and after occupants occupy the building
- Visual Evaluation of Facility layout and existing ventilation system design and configuration in regard to the space use.
- Document that the ventilation system is functioning properly and providing the best IAQ conditions to minimize virus, allergens, irritants, and odors
Contact IEA for more information about COVID-19 Facility Considerations and how you can take steps to minimize risk in your building cleaning procedures. Call us toll–free at 800.233.9513. From offices in Minnesota, we serve the upper Midwest and beyond.