Bleacher Inspection & Safety
Improperly designed or outdated bleachers can be a significant liability for school districts, cities, counties and owners of sports facilities. They may represent a serious safety hazard for people attending sporting events and school presentations. However, schools and parks can improve the safety of their bleachers by complying with Minnesota Statute 326B.112 and by following safety guidelines issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
IEA Can Certify Your Bleachers
To determine whether the bleachers in your facility meet the Minnesota State Law, facility management should arrange for an inspection every five years in compliance with the Minnesota State Law. At IEA, our safety engineers provide a variety of services, including inspections, to schools, cities, counties and other entities with bleachers on the property. IEA, founded in 1984, serves Minnesota and beyond with health and safety consulting on a wide range of issues and has inspected over 800 bleachers since 2002.
IEA’s bleacher inspection and project management services
Some of our services related to bleacher safety include:
- Provide Certificate of Compliance as required by the Minnesota Bleacher Safety Act
- Assess bleacher safety risk, including inspecting the operation of folding bleachers, hardware, seats, rails, skirts and all other components
- Prepare documentation, evaluation and recommendations for repair, retrofitting or replacement of bleachers or individual parts. Documentation includes photographs, schematics and references to relevant safety codes
- Arrange for repair or replacement of worn, broken or missing bleacher components
- Develop restoration plans for worn bleachers that are sensitive to both the client’s budget and the aesthetic appeal of traditional bleachers
Call IEA toll–free at 800.233.9513. Learn how our consultants can help you ensure the safe use of bleachers at your school, park or arena.